Download the 2014 Volunteer Handbook.
Frequently Asked Question About Becoming a Volunteer
What are the Requirements of a Volunteer?
All volunteers MUST work a minimum of two days. However, some committees require more than two days. Please arrive for your shift 30 minutes prior and be sure to alert the tournament if any schedule changes affect your availability. Minimum age requirement is 16 - minimum of 18 for all "on course" committees.
Why is There a Fee to Volunteer?
So that the tournament charity can benefit as much as possible, your payment of $75 helps offset the cost of the volunteer package, which includes:
- One golf shirt with TC logo. (mens and ladies styles available)
- One jacket with TC logo.
- One hat with TC logo.
- Preferred parking during your shifts.
- Breakfast service and food vouchers on the days you work. (value of $20 per day)
- One week-long badge for admission during the entire tournament. (value of $100)
- Two additional one-day tickets for guests. (value of $50)
- An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
- Year-round updates from our tournament newsletter Classic Chatter. (all volunteers must have a valid email address on file with the management office to ensure delivery)
The returning volunteer fee is $20. You will have the option to purchase an additional shirt and jacket when registering.
What to Expect After Registration
Within a few weeks of registering, you will receive confirmation via e-mail that includes your committee assignment, volunteer handbook and your chairperson's phone number. In the ensuing months, you will receive tournament updates and details about important dates via our e-news Classic Chatter.
Your committee chairperson will notify you of your scheduled work times and additional information. Individual committee-related inquiries, including questions about your assignment and schedule, should be directed to your chairperson.
For general questions and volunteer information, you may call Volunteer Headquarters at 714/352-6309 or you can email us at volunteers@ToshibaClassic.com.
Volunteer Uniform Distribution Schedule
Uniforms and credentials must be picked up at one of these times at the Newport Beach Country Club:
- Saturday, March 1, 11a. - 4pm
- Sunday, March 2, 11am - 4pm
- Saturday, March 8, 11am - 4pm
- Sunday, March 9, 11am - 4pm
Volunteer Committee Training Sessions
Training sessions will be held the weekend of March 8-9.
You will be notified of the exact time for your committee meeting. All sessions are at the Newport Beach Country Club.
Training is mandatory for all volunteers.
The uniform for 2014 will be the same as 2012 and 2013. It will consist of a Cutter & Buck red shirt, matching jacket and hat. The volunteer contribution is $75.
The returing volunteer contribution is $20. You will have the opportunity to purchase an additional shirt and/or jacket with registering.