Frequently Asked Question About Becoming a Volunteer
What are the Requirements of a Volunteer?
All volunteers MUST work a minimum of two days. However, some committees require more than two days. Please arrive for your shift 30 minutes prior and be sure to alert the tournament if any schedule changes affect your availability. Minimum age requirement is
16 - minimum of 18 for all "on course" committees.
Why is There a Fee to Volunteer?
So that the tournament charity can benefit as much as possible, your payment of $75 helps offset the cost of the volunteer package, which includes:
- One golf shirt with Toshiba Classic logo. (mens and ladies styles available)
- One jacket with Toshiba Classic logo.
- One hat with Toshiba Classic logo.
- Preferred parking during your shifts.
- Breakfast service and food vouchers on the days you work. (value of $20 per day)
- One week-long patron badge for admission during the entire tournament. (value of $100)
- Two additional one-day tickets for guests. (value of $60)
- An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party.
- Year-round updates from our tournament newsletter Classic Chatter. (all volunteers must have a valid email address on file with the management office to ensure delivery)
The returning volunteer fee is $20. You will have the option to purchase an additional shirt ($20.00).
What to Expect After Registration
Within a few weeks of registering, you will receive confirmation via e-mail that includes your committee assignment, volunteer handbook and your chairperson's phone number. In the ensuing months, you will receive tournament updates and details about important dates via our e-news Classic Chatter.
Your committee chairperson will notify you of your scheduled work times and additional information. Individual committee-related inquiries, including questions about your assignment and schedule, should be directed to your chairperson.
For general questions and volunteer information, you may call Volunteer Headquarters at
949-679-6475 or you can email us at volunteers@ToshibaClassic.com.
Volunteer Uniform Distribution Schedule
Uniforms and credentials must be picked up at one of these times at the Newport Beach Country Club:
- Saturday, October 17, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 18, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Volunteer Committee Training Sessions
Training sessions will be scheduled for the weekend of October 24-25.
All training sessions will be held at the Newport Beach Country Club. Please check back later for the final training schedule.
Training is mandatory for all volunteers.
The uniform for 2015 will be the same as 2013 and 2014. It will consist of a Cutter & Buck red shirt, matching jacket and hat. The new volunteer contribution is $75.
The returing volunteer contribution is $20. You will have the opportunity to purchase an additional shirt when you register.